Green Conscious policy
When we founded Four Gates in 1996 there was already a life long commitment of caring for the environment in place in all of the daily lives of the staff as well as the two co-founders. When you purchase from us, know that you're supporting not only quality products for yourself, but also a company which is every mindful of the need to preserve, protect and nuture the natural and manmade world.
Four Gates green and energy conscious policy has been implimented by doing the following:
- Using recycled boxes purchased from a recycle box supplier. This keeps boxes out of landfills and reduces the need for cutting down trees for shipping boxes.
- Recycling all paper, plastics, glass, aluminum and other products where possible.
- Using recycled packing materials. Paper which cannot be recycled is shredded, then used for packing material where and when possible.
- Minimizing the use of styrofoam "peanuts" and plastics in packaging in favor of crushed paper or shredded materials.
- A portion of our SRP utility bill is designated for reforesting Arizona's natural areas devasted by wildfire burn off.
SRP has a long and rich history of environmental stewardship and is concerned about the environmental challenges we face today. SRP especially recognizes the importance of the climate change issue and is committed to implementing balanced solutions to reduce greenhouse gases over time.
- We've partnered in planted approximately 1,500 trees through American Forests in high need areas across American as well as in other countries. Actively engaging in reforestion projects increases oxygen, consuming C02 gases, cooling the plant, preserving land, increasing habitat for animinals and people.
- Installing CFL light bulbs where ever possible to reduce electric consumption. CFLs use about 75% less energy than standard incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
All of these efforts reduce our carbon footprint dramatically.
We appreciate partnering with individuals, spiritual communities, churches, temples and companies who are mindful of the need to truly support green effforts to improve the quality of life throughout the world. Together we can make a big difference in reducing green house gases.
Thank you for your support.
Four Gates Management Team