BRADSHAW ON: EATING DISORDERS. A 3 Hour Intensive Workshop for PBS on DVD
- In this powerful three-part PBS series, counselor and academic John Bradshaw offers a totally unique approach to managing the problem of food addictions including anorexia nervosa, bulimia, obesity, bingeing, fat/thin obsession and body dysmorphic disorders. John Bradshaw explains the biological, psychological, neuro-chemical and psychopathological processes that encompass eating disorders.
- In BRADSHAW ON: EATING DISORDERS, John provides a clinical process of dealing with eating disorders and discusses the danger of diets. His interviews with four dynamic people who have overcome eating disorders bring new insights to the problem of food addiction and obsessions with weight. He explains why diets not only do not work, but also can ultimately cause weight gain. John gives you his latest research and thoughts about weight maintenance and ten components of non-addictive eating. These ten components will help you accept and love yourself just as you are. John Bradshaw shows us how eating disorders get set up in family systems and discusses the clinical process of healing eating disorders. This series follows actual people who are working on their recovery with eating disorders.
- Emmy nominated talk show host and veteran philosopher, counselor, theologian, and teacher, John Bradshaw, has touched and forever changed millions of lives through his best-selling books, seminars, workshops, and seven widely acclaimed PBS series.
- This series, BRADSHAW ON: EATING DISORDERS, is one of many that can be found in our extensive library featuring live recordings of lectures, seminars, and workshops with John Bradshaw. Over 2.5 million professionals and laypersons have attended John Bradshaw?s workshops, lectures, and speeches. John Bradshaw is a well-respected primary figure in the contemporary self-help movement and was elected by his peers of professional therapists as ?One of the 100 Most Influential Writers on Emotional Health in the Twentieth Century.? Many of his books are New York Times Best Sellers. Corporations, institutions, treatment centers, therapists and counselors all over the world, use the theories and therapies presented in his workshops.
- Part 1: Obsession With Food
- Part 2: The Danger of Diets
- Part 3: Ten Components of Non-Addictive Eating
- This powerful series, BRADSHAW ON: EATING DISORDERS is recommended for personal, academic and public libraries and those searching for a totally unique approach to managing the problems of food addictions including anorexia nervosa, bulimia, obesity, bingeing and purging and the fat/thin obsessions.